[Interest] Limit the local buffer size of QSqlTableModel::select()

Markus Franke Franke.M at sebakmt.com
Wed Apr 25 16:24:56 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I am using Qt Embedded 4.6.3/QWS on embedded linux.

For displaying values from a sqlite database I am using a combination of
QTableView and QSqlTableModel. As per the documentation the function
QSqlTableModel::select() does not load more than 255? rows from the
database and the following rows are being loaded transparently once they
are needed, right?

However, loading 255 rows from the database still takes some time on my
system (~6 seconds). I would rather like to limit the local buffer size to
e.g. 30 lines as there is not more space on the display anyway.

Is there a way to configure the size of this local buffer for
QSqlTableModel?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Markus Franke
Entwicklung/ Development

SebaKMT
Hagenuk KMT Kabelmesstechnik GmbH
Röderaue 41
01471 Radeburg / Germany
Reg.Gericht (01067 Dresden) HRB 12567
Geschäftsf.: Dr. Max Iann, Dr. Sacha Markalous

Phone +49 (0)35208 84 29142
Fax      +49 (0)35208 84 29249

e-mail: franke.m at sebaKMT.com
web: http//www.sebaKMT.com

"Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
strictly prohibited from
disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If
you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete
any copies you may have
received."