[Interest] QNetworkReply::downloadProgress firing infrequently on Windows

Thomas Woolway private at tswoolway.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 19:45:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have an application that connects to Twitter's user stream, which uses
the downloadProgress signal of QNetworkReply to process data as it comes
in. It seems as though in the last couple of days, this has started firing
less frequently - it now only seems to fire once we receive ~60KB of data.
This is a lot of tweets, which we then struggle to process in one go. Then
we won't get another signal until another 60KB of data.

Is this expected behaviour? Is there any way that I can force QNetworkReply
to fire downloadProgress more often? Could a change in the response from
Twitter have caused these signals less often?

I've also tried changing to readReady, which seems to have the same problem.

This is with Qt 4.8.0, on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Tom