[Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 13 14:22:24 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 13 de agosto de 2012 07.57.48, Atlant Schmidt wrote:
> All:
>
>   Apparently, the price Digia paid for the rest of Qt was
>   EUR4m (US$4.9m).
>
>   That's quite a mark-down from the US$150m Nokia paid to
>   buy Trolltech in 2008!
>
>                                        Atlant

That's neither here nor there. I don't know if the number is official or just a
rumour. But even if it is, the circumstances are completely different.

I'm not going to give you an analysis of the issue, since I'm not allowed to,
but if any journalists are around and thinking of reporting that as a sign of
Qt's value, please think again.

Nokia is a company in financial difficulties today and is divesting of an asset
is has no use for anymore.