[Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Mon Aug 13 14:30:48 CEST 2012

Thiago:

> I'm not going to give you an analysis of the issue, since I'm
> not allowed to, but if any journalists are around and thinking
> of reporting that as a sign of Qt's value, please think again.

  Which is why, of course, I wrote "the rest of Qt" in my
  original posting; I don't know the terms and conditions
  under which Digia acquired the Qt Commercial business.

  Still, this may serve as an indication that once a company
  converts a piece of closed-source software to open-sourced
  software, that company has effectively thrown away most of
  the *MONETARY* value of that software.

                                 Atlant