[Interest] Dragging child widgets around

Syam syamcr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:42:41 CEST 2012

I have a background widget on to which several child widgets are created
dynamically at run time. The number, type, position and size of the child
widgets are specified by a text file. Most of these are custom widgets, but
some are standard widgets like QLabel.

Now, I need to have a way to 'design' the UI by moving widgets around by
dragging them. I don't need to create new or resize the widgets, just move
them around.

Is there any way I can do this easily with minimal code changes? In another
place, I have a draggable widget which I manage by overriding mouse press,
move and release events.

I want to know of there is some other way without adding such code to all
my widget classes. As I said, some of these are ordinary QLabels and
therefore overriding event handlers is not easy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Syam Krishnan