[Interest] Programming strategy for old-school, 2-d video game?

Jonathan Greig redteam316 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:55:30 CEST 2012

If you do not need a native GUI, then SDL is a very good way to go. Some
things are easier with Qt and some with SDL. For one of my current
projects, I'm using QGraphicsView/Scene with OpenGL acceleration and only
using SDL for joystick/gamepad & haptic/rumble support.

- Swyped from my droid.

On Aug 17, 2012 11:13 AM, "Nikos Chantziaras" <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:

On 15/08/12 04:24, K. Frank wrote:
> Hi Nikos!
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Nikos Chantziara...
SDL is lower level than Qt, so there's a bit more work involved for
getting the graphics to the screen.

Since you're already familiar with Qt, then I suppose sticking with it
might be preferable.  You can still use SDL for audio; I do so myself
for Qt apps that need sound (Phonon is not good enough for many purposes.)