[Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:28:35 CEST 2012

On 08/13/2012 03:14 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> So, in all, you*may*  be right that giving a product under a freer licence
> lowers its monetary value -- it's intuitive.

That is also debatable.  For example, Red Hat manages to pull an annual
revenue of around 1 billion dollars while giving away their product
under a FLOSS license.  I really doubt they could pull this off if they
had based their business on a stack of proprietary software.  After all,
what's the monetary value of something that no one wants to spend money on?

Rui Maciel