[Interest] Programming strategy for old-school, 2-d video game?

Jürgen Ryannel juergen at ryannel.org
Tue Aug 14 15:13:57 CEST 2012

If you would use GraphicsItems from the GraphicsView framework they provide already a way for collision detection. For Qt4 the GraphicsView FW is the base for QML, but the collision detection (AFAIK) is not exported into the QML world. This you would need to do in QML yourself. Otherwise QML is faster to prototype and I'm pretty sure you will come pretty far as soon as you start.

Please report back your progress. I would expect it's interesting to read and to understand the hurtles also for the others.

Get Going!

/ juergen