[Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 16:04:18 CEST 2012

He didn't say they didn't deploy (though I could see how that was implied);
just that they committed to it as a strategy that was 100% compatible with what
they were doing before, only to then go quickly in a very different direction that
was 100% compatible with any previous direction.

Qt didn't fail at Nokia.

Nokia failed to utilize Qt and stick with a strategy long enough to see it through to sucess.
Nokia's failure in that regard is their own, and purely a business one that has
no link to how Qt is licensed (other than possible political ones for Elop, but that's neither
here nor there).

Ben