[Interest] QtDBus p2p communication across network

Sandro Santos Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Fri Aug 24 15:10:13 CEST 2012

Hi there,

We are developing some distributed computing facilities on top of QtDBus.
We've already managed to have it working using TCP sockets by including
a TCP listen endpoint in session-bus config file:

<listen>tcp:host=10.130.100.100,port=6666,bind=*</listen>
<allow_anonymous/>

That's great and works pretty well. Now we are trying to play with p2p
features in order to not require the session bus. We've managed to
have a QDBusServer-based implementation working fine with UNIX
domain-sockets. TCP-sockets p2p works ONLY IF client and server run at same
machine and same user. It seems that we'd need to set allow_anonymous=true
for each QDBusConnection created by the QDBusServer, but I cannot find a
way to do that neither in QDBusServer nor QDBusConnection.

Any hint to confirm/reject that allow_anonymous is the root cause of this ?
If confirmed, any hint about how to turn allow_anonymous true for QDBusServer-
based implementations ?

Thanks in advance,
Sandro