[Interest] QtDBus p2p communication across network

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 24 17:08:35 CEST 2012

On sexta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2012 10.10.13, Sandro Santos Andrade wrote:
> That's great and works pretty well. Now we are trying to play with p2p
> features in order to not require the session bus. We've managed to
> have a QDBusServer-based implementation working fine with UNIX
> domain-sockets. TCP-sockets p2p works ONLY IF client and server run at same
> machine and same user. It seems that we'd need to set allow_anonymous=true
> for each QDBusConnection created by the QDBusServer, but I cannot find a
> way to do that neither in QDBusServer nor QDBusConnection.

There's no API for that.

> Any hint to confirm/reject that allow_anonymous is the root cause of this ?

It's very likely to be the cause.

> If confirmed, any hint about how to turn allow_anonymous true for
> QDBusServer- based implementations ?

You can use the libdbus-1 API by getting the pointer returned by
QDBusConnection::internalPointer() (internal API, might change at any time)
and cast it to DBusConnection*.

There's no equivalent in QDBusServer. If you need to do that, you'll need to
hack the QtDBus source code.