[Interest] tty Keyboard & Mouse Support in Qt5

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Wed Aug 29 13:08:07 CEST 2012

On 08/29/2012 12:36 PM, ext ganesh.sathyanarayanan wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> Thanks for clarifying. I believe this means I need to build
> /plugins/generic/evdevkeyboard and evdevmouse, correct?
> Hmm, that means I need to cross compile libudev (as it currently isnt
> available on my platform)

I think that they work without libudev when using the plugins
stand-alone from the command line when running an application, but then
device discovery won't work, so you'll need to explicitly give the input
device to use.

Example "./myapp -plugin evdev:/dev/event0"

On the other hand, the evdev plugins are automatically compiled into
eglfs now, and thus at least eglfs probably requires the libudev device
discovery functionality, since there's no way to pass the "/dev/event0"
parameter to the evdev mouse / keyboard manager inside eglfs.

--
Samuel