[Interest] Images not loading under Linux

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 23:55:37 CEST 2012

I have a small project that has a number of PNG images I use for menu
entries.  Everything works correctly under Windows.  However, compiling (using
either the command-line Makefile or Qt Creator) and running the same project
under Linux using the Qt SDK 1.2.1 displays none of the images.

I have verified that my .qrc file is being processed and the resulting
qrc_*.cpp file is compiled into the project.  So, I'm guessing that it's a
plug-in issue.  I have a copy of the plugins/ folder in the same directory
where the executable runs, and I have a qt.conf file that points at it.  Just
to be sure, I've launched the program with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing at the
4.8.1 Qt libraries to ensure I'm not picking up some existing Qt installation
that would consider the plug-ins incompatible.

Is there a way, at program launch, to see the plug-in loading actions just to
see if this is the issue?  Or, if I debug the program using Qt Creator, how
can I verify that the plug-ins are actually being loaded?

Thanks.