[Interest] Problem Building QT 5.0 RC1 on Redhat Enterprise

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Fri Dec 7 19:39:25 CET 2012

> > I mean, I can skip it, but it would be nice to be able to build all
> > qt
> > modules on a LSB 3 distro, or?
>
> Not really, that's way too old. Do not expect us to provide fixes for
> LSB 3.
> There are people interested in keeping LSB 4 working, though.
>
> In the specific case of O_CLOEXEC, I'd recommend this simple fix:
>
> #ifndef O_CLOEXEC
> #  define O_CLOEXEC 0
> #endif
>
> The file descriptor will leak to sub-processes, but you deserve that
> if you're
> using a kernel that old.
Ok, can live with that ;)

Still, I think not only we have this LSB 3 problem.
There are still a lot companies around using LSB 3 stuff like this RHEL 4 (as long as the support is
available from RH).

(And I agree that it is a bad idea to do so and we don't do it ourself, still customers demand support
for that old stuff.)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com