[Interest] [Qt3D] Is it usable yet?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Mon Dec 10 15:22:49 CET 2012

Hi,

On Monday 10 December 2012 14:01:15 BOUCARD Olivier wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.

You're welcome.

> Yes, at the moment it is only to use it. So I keep going on this list.
>
> I following this project since a while now. It is strange that is not a
> prominent module as, IMHO, it is the greatest addition to QML I have seen.

We hope to rectify this in the coming months. :)

> While it could be a good idea to think about third part solution
> integration. I think keeping a "low-level" interface could be great.
> Because OSG or OGRE may reduce flexibility and make thing too complex for
> small project.

Don't worry, nobody is talking about destroying what is there. We mean to add
integration in addition to the built-in capabilities but doing so in a way so
as to not add additional dependencies for those that do not need this feature.
How best to do so cleanly still requires some thought though.

> The editor problem is probably link to the same issue as QtCreator still
> look in the import folder.

Quite possible indeed. The patch I mentioned is integrating right now so
hopefully that will solve it.

All the best,

Sean

--