[Interest] Experience with Qt 5 RC 1 on Mac OS X 10.8

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Mon Dec 10 15:35:02 CET 2012

QtMacUnifiedToolBar is available from QtMacExtras, see http://qt.gitorious.org/qtplayground/qtmacextras .

Using it in Assistant: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,38144 . As you can see from the comments on that change there are different opinions on wether having a separate Mac-only class is a good idea or not. We'll investigate if we can provide it under a mode/flag for QToolBar.

> * A bit more troublesome: gestures seem to be completely gone from
> QGraphicsView! I support pinch ("zoom") and rotate gestures (again, I
> need to check my own code first - however it does compile, as before in
> Qt 4.8 with respect to gesture support), however my items do not react
> to either gesture anymore

Touch events (which Qt gestures are implemented on top of) are disabled since enabling them causes scroll event processing lag. This probably won't be fixed for 5.0, but there will be en environment variable you can set to enable them: QT_MAC_ENABLE_TOUCH_EVENTS (https://codereview.qt-project.org/42267)

> * In Qt Creator 2.6, the help system does not show any HTML rendered
> pages anymore, but I remember having read somewhere (Qt Blog?) that
> QtWebKit still has issues (to be build?) on Mac, so this must be a know
> issue already.

I think this has been fixed already, and I imagine this is the kind of bug that would be a showstopper for the final release.

- Morten