[Interest] Qt 5 RC 2 problems under OS X

john.clements at axograph.com john.clements at axograph.com
Sat Dec 15 12:51:52 CET 2012

Is anyone working with Mac OS X / XCode? I'd like to contribute to the
Qt 5 project but can't work out how to configure and build qt-everywhere
under OS X so that the debugger can step into qt source and search for
the bugs I've encountered (see below). The default ./configuration does
not permit the XCode debugger to step into qt source after building qt
from scratch with default configuration (frameworks).

Some stale(?) advice on the web suggests that you can step into qt when
it's built as dynamic debug libraries instead of frameworks. I've tried
rebuilding qt-everywhere after running ./configure  with the
-no-frameworks flag, and it 'makes' fine, and I can build then my
project with XCode, but on launch I get an 'internal qt' error relating
to a missing '.nib' file. Don't know how to remedy this. Am I even on
the right track here? Perhaps I need to switch to Creator instead of
XCode? Any advice appreciated.

A related question - is anyone else seeing the following bugs under qt
5 RC 2 / OS X 10.8 that I'm seeing. I've reported them to
bugreports.qt-project.org but they've yet to be reviewed and classified
by the qt development team. Perhaps they're all caught up in the push to
release qt 5? Any suggestions on how to get these problems noticed
(assuming that they are real). Also, I'd appreciate some confirmation
that it's not just me who's seeing these serious issues...

activateWindow() does not work (QTBUG-28327)
QFileDialog::getSaveFileName does not put requested file name into
native file dialog (QTBUG-28342)
QDataStream with version set to Qt_3_3: stream.readRawData( ( char*
)array, bytesToRead ) moves the device() forward by more than
'bytesToRead' (QTBUG-28632)

Thanks,

John.