[Interest] [Qt3D] Is it usable yet?

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 06:01:46 CET 2012

> One major idea that we have had is to provide integration between Qt5 and
> other scene graphs such as OpenSceneGraph and OGRE.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic [and a late reply] but it since it was
mentioned, imo it would be *great* to see Qt support for OpenSceneGraph,
especially since 4.8/5 supports multithreaded OpenGL applications. I've
done some very rough work getting OpenSceneGraph to render stuff as a
QtQuick item, and while my implementation doesn't work that well I think
there's a lot of potential in pairing a dynamic UI with a robust 3d
toolkit. There's interest on the OSG mailing lists for Qt5 as well and I
think a few people are already trying to get the two working nicely.

Preet