[Interest] [Qt3D] Is it usable yet?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Mon Dec 17 11:15:48 CET 2012

Hi Preet,

On Sunday 16 December 2012 00:01:46 Preet wrote:
> > One major idea that we have had is to provide integration between Qt5 and
> > other scene graphs such as OpenSceneGraph and OGRE.
>
> Sorry if this is slightly off topic [and a late reply] but it since it was
> mentioned, imo it would be *great* to see Qt support for OpenSceneGraph,
> especially since 4.8/5 supports multithreaded OpenGL applications. I've
> done some very rough work getting OpenSceneGraph to render stuff as a
> QtQuick item, and while my implementation doesn't work that well I think
> there's a lot of potential in pairing a dynamic UI with a robust 3d
> toolkit. There's interest on the OSG mailing lists for Qt5 as well and I
> think a few people are already trying to get the two working nicely.

Yes I have been in discussion with one of them following the Berlin DevDays.
It seems there is definite interest in integrating OSG etc with Qt5.

If you wish to contribute then by all means please do. The more the merrier!

All the best,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer