[Interest] Problem configuring Qt 5 on Windows

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 20 17:38:10 CET 2012

On quinta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2012 16.18.23, Koehne Kai wrote:
> > Subject: Re: [Interest] Problem configuring Qt 5 on Windows
> >
> > Yes, this is brown paper bag #2 for Qt 5.0.
> >
> > Of course, the source was built to make the binaries. But something was
> > done to get the configure.exe for that.
>
> Not sure I understand you. The .zip file that is meant to be used on windows
> contains configure.exe, it's only if you use e.g. the .tar.gz file where
> it's not in. But I think we had that setup (though maybe not obvious to
> everyone) for at least the last Qt 4.x releases, too.

In Qt 4.x, configure.exe was part of the repository, so it got released in all
source forms.

The sources should be identical, except for the compression scheme. It's wrong
to have .zip be different than .tar.gz.

> who's wondering what the brown paper bag #1 is anyway ;)

Mac source builds of frameworks in release mode (not debug-and-release) don't
install any headers:

#mac frameworks
mac:!static:contains(QT_CONFIG, qt_framework) {
   #QMAKE_FRAMEWORK_VERSION = 4.0
   CONFIG += lib_bundle qt_no_framework_direct_includes qt_framework
   CONFIG(release, debug|release) {
      !debug_and_release|build_pass {
          CONFIG -= qt_install_headers #no need to install these as well
[...]