[Interest] QtTestLib vs. QTestLib vs. Qt Test?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 29 14:41:56 CET 2012

On sábado, 29 de dezembro de 2012 11.06.42, Sze Howe Koh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what to call Qt's unit testing framework these days.
>
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2005/09/16/bye-bye-qttestlib/ suggests
> to me that "QTestLib" is an improved replacement of "QtTestLib", and
> that the replacement happened ages ago.

The library is called QtTest (.dll, lib[...].so, etc.), the only include is
QtTest/QtTest. There is no other name for a library.

The "lib" suffix is a simple adjective meaning it's a library, like "the core
lib" or "the gui lib".

That doesn't mean people have different and conflicting names, like the
"QBenchLib", which is not even a library per se, but a part of the QtTest
library.

And there are two exceptions too: "corelib" and "testlib" are the directory
names for QtCore and QtTest because the names "core" and "test" are
commonplace on Unix systems for other things.

PS: also note that there's no QtBase; there's only qtbase.git, all lowercase.