[Interest] QtTestLib vs. QTestLib vs. Qt Test?

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 16:58:10 CET 2012

On 29 December 2012 21:41, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> The library is called QtTest (.dll, lib[...].so, etc.), the only include is
> QtTest/QtTest. There is no other name for a library.
>
> The "lib" suffix is a simple adjective meaning it's a library, like "the core
> lib" or "the gui lib".
>
> That doesn't mean people have different and conflicting names, like the
> "QBenchLib", which is not even a library per se, but a part of the QtTest
> library.

Thanks for clarifying. I found the official documentation a little
indecisive (and the Qt 4.8 docs call the library QTestLib).

I notice you called it "QtTest", without a space, which is different
from http://qt-project.org/wiki/Spelling_Module_Names_in_Qt_Documentation
-- does the wiki page reflect Qt Project's official policy on names?

> And there are two exceptions too: "corelib" and "testlib" are the directory
> names for QtCore and QtTest because the names "core" and "test" are
> commonplace on Unix systems for other things.

That makes sense.

> PS: also note that there's no QtBase; there's only qtbase.git, all lowercase.

Yes, I noticed that when mapping out Qt 5's structure. There's also no
QtConnectivity, just qtconnectivity.git which contains QtBluetooth and
QtNfc (although those don't seem ready for release yet).

Regards,
Sze-Howe