[Interest] Design shhirts using Qt OpenGL

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 3 14:46:37 CET 2012

Indeed. Going back through Sujan's messages, he told us that "My website
is PHP based. So I think I need to learn PHP and if any other tools like
java applet etc I dont know." Now he's apparently using ASP.NET.

I don't see how Qt has anything to do with the development of web
applications like this. I could imagine writing a graphics rendering
library that would generate (for instance) PNGs on the fly, on the
server side, based on input from web pages, but I don't see how you
could write anything that did OpenGL rendering in the client's browser
using Qt. It may be possible -- I'm no expert on the range of things you
can do with Qt -- but it seems to be the wrong tool for the job. If you
want to do server-side graphics rendering, great tools like ImageMagick
already exist.

Cheers,
Martin