[Interest] Qt5/eglfs on a standard linux desktop system

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Mon Feb 13 09:20:47 CET 2012

On 02/12/2012 06:20 AM, ext Jon Trulson wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Samuel Rødal wrote:
>
>> On 02/08/2012 11:42 PM, ext Jon Trulson wrote:
>>> Hi, I want to experiment with Qt5, eglfs and the linux input event
>>> drivers (mouse for example) on a standard linux system.
>>>
>>> It's a 32b Ubuntu 11.10 system with an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT running
>>> the opensource driver (nouveau).
>>
>> You might have better luck with the kms plugin, the eglfs plugin is only
>> known to work with embedded GPU drivers which allow doing
>> eglGetDisplay() with EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY.
>>

> Ok..
>
>> The kms plugin also uses EGL internally, but it does eglGetDisplay() on
>> a GBM buffer, and then explicitly flips that buffer when swapBuffers()
>> is called.
>>

> Thanks for the response.
>
> The module did build, but when run shows a garbled display that looks
> like pieces of a previous X11 session :)
>
> The app (one of the Qt demos) appears to be running (looking via
> strace) but only the garbled display is shown. Bummer.

Try examples/opengl/hellowindow, running it with ./hellowindow --single.
If the app uses a QGLWidget (causing it to create several native
top-levels) it might not work, as I'm not sure the plugin supports
multiple top-levels. Also, qmlscene on any QML 2 example should work.

Note, I've had some issues still, with the output being flipped in the
y-direction. I haven't tried nouveau though, only intel.

--
Samuel