[Interest] Qt5/eglfs on a standard linux desktop system

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Feb 12 06:20:05 CET 2012

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Samuel Rødal wrote:

> On 02/08/2012 11:42 PM, ext Jon Trulson wrote:
>> Hi, I want to experiment with Qt5, eglfs and the linux input event
>> drivers (mouse for example) on a standard linux system.
>>
>> It's a 32b Ubuntu 11.10 system with an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT running
>> the opensource driver (nouveau).
>
> You might have better luck with the kms plugin, the eglfs plugin is only
> known to work with embedded GPU drivers which allow doing
> eglGetDisplay() with EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY.

Ok..

> The kms plugin also uses EGL internally, but it does eglGetDisplay() on
> a GBM buffer, and then explicitly flips that buffer when swapBuffers()
> is called.

Thanks for the response.

The module did build, but when run shows a garbled display that looks
like pieces of a previous X11 session :)

The app (one of the Qt demos) appears to be running (looking via
strace) but only the garbled display is shown.  Bummer.

--
Jon Trulson

"Get the cheese to sickbay, the Doctor should look at it as soon as
  possible." -- Chief Engineer B'Elanna Torres, Voyager