[Interest] Latest on Mac App Store + sandboxing?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Mon Feb 13 20:22:10 CET 2012

As the Sandbox deadline is now March 1, today I tried to submit an
update to one of my Mac App Store apps and received an email with this
information:

"Invalid Signature - the executable
<application>.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore
is not signed, the signature is invalid, or it is not signed with an
Apple submission certificate. Refer to the Code Signing and Application
Sandboxing Guide for more information.

Invalid Signature - the executable
<application>.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
is not signed, the signature is invalid, or it is not signed with an
Apple submission certificate. Refer to the Code Signing and Application
Sandboxing Guide for more information."

I am using Qt 4.7 frameworks I built myself.

This didn't happen before, so I'm wondering if this is some other aspect
of the sandboxing rule that is newer or if maybe I just need to do
something special to get them signed.

I came across https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21609 which
has a bunch of information but still seems unresolved.

Can someone summarize what it takes to get a Qt-based application
submitted properly to the Mac App store these days? Is it even possible?
Since the sandbox deadline isn't for 3 weeks, is there something else I
can do instead?