[Interest] Update/Upgrade of a product from the Mac App Store fails

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:52:31 CET 2012

Am 15.02.2012 um 11:38 schrieb norulez at me.com:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is a failure from apple (Mac App Store) or a failure from Qt (4.8.0) or my own fault.
>
> So, the current problem is that when I update/upgrade a software over the Mac App Store I got the error message (AppBundle is the software product):
>
> installd: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
> installd: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=512 "The file “classes.nib” couldn’t be saved in the folder “qt_menu.nib”."

Hmmm, qt_menu.nib is not a folder, isn't it. Where does "classes.nib" come from? That's not part of the Qt framework? Is that generated during the process of creating an installer? Configuration problem?

Sorry, I'm still very noob when it comes to "uploading to app store" (haven't reached that stage just yet ;)), am just interpreting the error message.

Cheers, Oliver