[Interest] Installing Qt SDK Problem Summary

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Feb 23 09:26:35 CET 2012

On quarta-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2012 21.11.34, Szalata, Zenon M. wrote:
> I suppose if I deleted ~/.config/Nokia from my home directory, then the
> installation would succeed.  However, it is very likely that the
> installation would break next time RedHat upgraded some component in its qt
> installation.

~/.config/Nokia isn't used by Qt itself, only by Qt Creator. Qt itself uses an
older naming: ~/.config/Trolltech.conf.

~/.config/Nokia is so far used by a single application and there's not much
need to have two versions of Creator in your system. If you can delete the
older version of the application, removing the settings is ok too. I recommend
you stick to the latest version of Creator that you can find or build.

> I suppose, one way that I can deal with this is to uninstall both RedHat qt
> installations.  I am reluctant to do this because I am not sure why they
> are there in the first place.  Does KDE need these?

Yes. KDE 3 requires Qt 3 and KDE 4 requires Qt 4.

> Another observation.  The qt creator from the SDK installation prints
> QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
> messages, while qt creator build from sources does not.

Sounds like a bug that has been fixed :-)

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358