[Interest] Providing custom lib with static Qt modules (so no Qt dependency)

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Tue Feb 28 18:16:20 CET 2012

All:

  IMPORTANT NOTE:

  If you're distributing Qt under the LGPL license,
  by statically linking to the Qt libraries you are
  creating an obligation to distribute *ALL OF YOUR
  SOURCE CODE* that links to those libraries.

  You may not want to do that.

  If you don't want to do that, you are only permitted
  to dynamically link to the shared libraries and even
  then, pay close attention to the LGPL license language
  that affects your use of materials from the library
  header files beyond "small inline functions (ten lines
  or less in length)". (That language has varied from
  version to version of the LGPL.)

  All this may not apply to you if you're distributing
  Qt under the Commercial license.

                          Atlant