[Interest] void QTableView::setSpan spans of 0 and 1?

Carl Schumann schumann at fnal.gov
Fri Jan 20 16:13:24 CET 2012

Qt community,

I am in the process of upgrading from Qt 4.5.0 to Qt 4.8.0.   Apparently
Qt 4.8.0's void QTableView::setSpan complains about setting the span to
0 or 1, where 4.5.0 did not.  So I have some questions please.

1. To what if anything should I set the span to for a cell that is
occluded by an adjacent cell's span?
2. If a cell is changed such that it used to span 2 but now should not
span into the 2nd cell, to what should I set its and the adjacent cells
span?  I would think 1, but that generates complaints to to the terminal
window.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Carl Schumann