[Interest] Qt5 on MSVC2008, Win7x64 (Tier1)?

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 8 22:21:53 CEST 2012

On 7/8/2012 12:56 PM, Charley Bay wrote:
> Show of hands -- those of you on Win7x64, are you using MSVC2008 or MSVC2010?

Using VS2008 on a commercial product with Qt 4.7.1 and Qt 4.8.0 (each version
dedicated to an active branch of development).  We have begun the process of
converting to VS2010, but the process is very slow.

<editorial>
Honestly, bugs and all, I often wish I were still using VS2005.  Having used
VS2008 for quite some time now, and having had a taste of VS2010, I'm more and
more disappointed by how the IDE is becoming "webified".  Seriously,
performance with each new release appears to be dropping such that I might as
well be using Eclipse.  The only thing that keeps me using it is the
integrated debugging (which is, of course, the best in the industry).
</editorial>