[Interest] Qt5 on MSVC2008, Win7x64 (Tier1)?

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 14:16:09 CEST 2012

On 7/9/2012 1:06 AM, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Bob Hood <bhood2 at comcast.net
> <mailto:bhood2 at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     <editorial>
>     Honestly, bugs and all, I often wish I were still using VS2005.  Having used
>     VS2008 for quite some time now, and having had a taste of VS2010, I'm
>     more and
>     more disappointed by how the IDE is becoming "webified".  Seriously,
>     performance with each new release appears to be dropping such that I
>     might as
>     well be using Eclipse.  The only thing that keeps me using it is the
>     integrated debugging (which is, of course, the best in the industry).
>     </editorial>
>

> Really - why do you cry about using an IDE... when you are not tied to it?
> You should use the best compiler available... but the IDE is just a GUI.
> Change it.

As I pointed at the end, the debugger, and its integration in the Visual
Studio IDE, is unparalleled, and I cannot live without it.

(And there's a vast difference between "crying" about something and
"complaining" about it.  The former usually lacks rationale, while the latter
is supported by specific articles.)