[Interest] Odd drag'n'drop behaviour with Compiz

Vojtech Kral vojtech at kral.hk
Fri Jul 13 12:02:00 CEST 2012

Hello,
   I just wanted to try out the drag and drop examples,
but they seem to work in a very odd way on my system.

_All_ the dnd examples only work when the window is placed somewhere in
the upper-left
portion of the screen. Once the window is moved towards the
bottom-right corner or
once the dragged item itself is moved beyond certain line, the window
stops accepting
drops. The line beyond which it stops working varies with window
positin and size.

Note that this only happens when Compiz is active (in other WMs it
works just fine)
and it seemingly only concerns Qt applications,
whereas KDE apps - for example - are able drag'n'drop fine even with
Compiz.

I use an up-to-date Arch Linux system.

Is this perhaps a Compiz issue?

Thank you!