[Interest] draw text and shape on an image using QGraphicsView

Arun Kumar arunkumaraymuo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 16:14:46 CEST 2012

Hello,
I am trying to create a simple image editing tool using Qt GraphocsView
I can load any image file to QGraphicsView

now I am trying to add some text in loaded image. For that I subclass
 QGraphicsView  and override

mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent* event)

I tried this code to draw a string on the clicked position of image
but it not displaying any string in image

void GraphicsViewExt::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent* event) {
    //For panning the view
    LastPanPoint = event->pos();

    QPainter painter(this->scene());
    painter.setRenderHint(QPainter::Antialiasing);
   // this->scene()->render(&painter);
    painter.drawText(LastPanPoint.x(),LastPanPoint.y(),"Test String");

//this->invalidateScene();

}

How I can draw a string on an image when the user click on the image.
I searched net but didnt get any solution to this simple problem?