[Interest] Changing the destination of sound from Phonon or QtMultimediaKit

Yuvraaj Kelkar yuvraaj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 00:27:22 CEST 2012

Hello all.

I've got code that successfully plays an mp3 using either or Phonon or
QtMultimediaKit on Symbian, Maemo and Harmattan.
In all cases, the mp3 is played from the "external speakers" of the phone / NIT.

I've tried looking for a way to play it "in ear". I see that there's a
way to change that in Puleaudio for Maemo / Harmattan. I'm sure there
is something similar in Symbian as well.

However, this is Qt - there's got to be a cross platform method to
change the destination of sound being played.
I've seen a class QAudioOutput but from my limited experiments with
it, it looks like it can only accept raw PCM as an input.
I don't want to go writing an mp3 -> pcm converter unless I am forced to.

Anyone have any ideas how I can play an mp3 "in ear" instead of "loud
speaker" on a phone?

Thanks,
Yuvraaj