[Interest] Is Qt 4.8.1 or 4.8.2 the latest?

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Mon Jun 11 08:36:40 CEST 2012

On 10.6.2012 16.15, "Stefan Walter" <Stefan.Walter at lisec.com> wrote:

>On 10.06.2012, at 17:06, "Till Oliver Knoll
><till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com>" <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am 09.06.12 12:54, schrieb jason.mcdonald at nokia.com:
>>> ...There is not yet a Qt SDK that includes Qt 4.8.2 (the wiki is wrong
>>>and I'll attempt to get that corrected).
>>
>> Ah well :) I was already trying several times the SDKMaintenanceTool
>> (Updater) and was wondering why no Qt 4.8.2 was showing up yet (under
>> Development Tools/Desktop Qt).
>Me too, what is the reason for the delay between the release and the
>availibility in the SDK?

There is no Qt Project SDK for 4.8 - just the Nokia SDK and Qt Commercial
SDK. With the Nokia SDK there are also Nokia's mobile targets available -
that this the main reason for the Nokia SDK to exist.

When we were about to release 4.8.2 it was apparent that some items needed
for the Nokia SDK are not ready, thus it was decided to proceed with 4.8.2
anyway. Otherwise we would still be waiting with the whole release for the
Nokia SDK building blocks to be available. So I think it was the right
decision.

At the moment there are standalone LGPL and Commercial installers, and the
Qt Commercial SDK available for 4.8.2 and Nokia SDK 1.2.2 hopefully
follows soon.

For 5.0 there is intention to have also the Qt Project SDK, that I hope
will be the main way of releasing by the time of 5.0.0 final.

Yours,

		Tuukka