[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Thu Jun 14 19:29:41 CEST 2012

On 14 June 2012 17:02, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:
> If I read today's news correctly, Nokia is now done with Qt and all
> developers were fired.  If so, thanks for the ride and all the best.
> Such a pity.
>
> Which parts of Qt maintenance and development suffer most if it is
> indeed so?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harri

I have no inside info, but it appears the Meltimi team in Ulm, Germany
has been affected, but no-one in the Qt / old-Trolltech team has been
affected that I know of.  The Qt Contributors Summit next week is
still on and I suggest everyone waits until then to hear if / how this
affects Nokia's involvement in Qt.  In the meantime,Qt is still Open
Source and Open Governance and now has an active developer community
outside Nokia, so there is life without Nokia should it come to that.

John.