[Interest] Can't Debug on Windows 7: Invalid parameter passed to C runtime

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jun 15 09:17:42 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 07:52:45PM -0400, Josiah Bryan wrote:
> The real problem here is that Qt Creator / Debugger doesn't even
> bother to give a stack trace of where it stopped at - just the MSVC
> error dialog, no stack trace.

[...]

> I'll double-check globals, but a stack trace is really what's needed
> here anyway - debugger just says "Application exited with exit code
> exit-code="03"" (Yes, I googled that - no, the only three results I
> found did not help.)

This means that it looks like the program "just exited", maybe with an
error code, but still, all stack is gone at that time.  You could try to
set a breakpoint on something that might happen before that. There are a
few "special" choices in the debugger options. Or go the other way
round, set an early breakpoint (on main, or even on the entry point)
and step from there.

Andre'