[Interest] Can't Debug on Windows 7: Invalid parameter passed to C runtime

Josiah Bryan josiahbryan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:23:25 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:17 AM, André Pönitz <
andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 07:52:45PM -0400, Josiah Bryan wrote:
> > The real problem here is that Qt Creator / Debugger doesn't even
> > bother to give a stack trace of where it stopped at - just the MSVC
> > error dialog, no stack trace.
>
> [...]
>
> > I'll double-check globals, but a stack trace is really what's needed
> > here anyway - debugger just says "Application exited with exit code
> > exit-code="03"" (Yes, I googled that - no, the only three results I
> > found did not help.)
>
> This means that it looks like the program "just exited", maybe with an
> error code, but still, all stack is gone at that time.  You could try to
> set a breakpoint on something that might happen before that. There are a
> few "special" choices in the debugger options. Or go the other way
> round, set an early breakpoint (on main, or even on the entry point)
> and step from there.

I've narrowed the problem down (thanks to earlier suggestions) and found
that it's caused by Qt/qmake/etc linking the non-debug version of
"phonon4.dll" even though the rest of the Qt libs *are* the debug version.
Any idea how to fix *that*? Or should I start another thread here?

Thanks!
-Josiah

--
Josiah Bryan