[Interest] Working with QDateTime's timezone information

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Fri Jun 15 10:22:23 CEST 2012

On 06/14/12 17:01, Jason H wrote:
> What is the issue here? That QDateTime does not handle the +HH:MM in the
> timezone string?
> At most I would see this being a possible datastream version bump, with
> a bit of code (No API changes? - I think we have what we need, just that
> the TZ does not persist.)

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread, another issue is that
the getter/setter methods for the UTC offset are private. A possible
(and horrible!) workaround which I've suggested, using
QDateTime::fromString(..., Qt::IsoDate), doesn't work either -- that
funciton appears to not parse the TZ information from the input at all.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojita, a fast e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/