[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri Jun 15 12:34:49 CEST 2012

On 06/15/2012 11:31 AM, Sven Anderson wrote:
> On 14.06.2012 18:22, Paul Miller wrote:
>> There was no mention at all about the fate of Qt. No reason to spread
>> any FUD.
>>
>> No matter - all my Qt applications continue to work, I can still get
>> Commercial support through Digia, and Open Governance will keep it going.
> I'm also not worried very much. The Qt ecosystem will continue to exist,
> no matter what Nokia does. My naive expectation is, that the former
> Trolltech unit would be bought by someone else. Or maybe it's time then
> for a "Qt Software Foundation"? Wouldn't there enough Qt adopters
> willing to fund this?

Well, contributions to Qt have been ~80 % from Nokia.  (Source,
http://www.macieira.org/blog/qt-stats/ )
<http://www.macieira.org/blog/qt-stats/>

I wonder if they could lobby Nokia/Microsoft to make Qt full citizen on
Nokia's Windows 8 phones and tablets?   That would at least
differentiate Nokia offering a bit from rest of the winphones, and give
a raison d'etre for continued Qt support.   And the know-how is already
in-house.  That would also give some continuity for existing Qt mobile
developers.

Harri

<http://www.macieira.org/blog/qt-stats/>