[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

lorn.potter at nokia.com lorn.potter at nokia.com
Fri Jun 15 21:26:16 CEST 2012

On 16/06/2012, at 12:11 AM, ext Doogster wrote:

> Here's an article that does specifically mention Qt:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/14/nokia_software_purge/
>
>    "Among the 10,000 casualties officially announced are teams working on
>    Meltemi, Qt and QML.
>
>    So is it farewell for Qt and QML? Not at all, says Nokia. 'Speculation is
>    groundless,'"

These are not to be taken as official statements by my employer, but mine personally.

Are we affected? Yes, most certainly. Do we know what is going on? Not completely at this time.

We have been told the Qt asset (Brisbane, Oslo, Berlin - Trolltech) are not "immediately" 'shutting our doors' like Ulm, and other areas. We have been told we are still working on getting Qt 5 released in the near term. We have also been told not to submit commits to Qt for the next few days, until legal works out something legal like thing.

Are people fixing up resume/cv's and looking for new digs? You betcha.