[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

lorn.potter at nokia.com lorn.potter at nokia.com
Fri Jun 15 21:54:54 CEST 2012

On 16/06/2012, at 5:37 AM, ext Sivan Greenberg wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM,  <lorn.potter at nokia.com> wrote:
>>
>> We have been told the Qt asset (Brisbane, Oslo, Berlin - Trolltech) are not "immediately" 'shutting our doors' like Ulm, and other areas. We have been told we are still working on getting Qt 5 released in the near term. We have also been told not to submit commits to Qt for the next few days, until legal works out something legal like thing.
>>
> I hope there's still hope for it to not shut the doors at all, but I

I hope too. That Nokia sells off the asset.

> might be day dreaming..Not trying to make it harder with questions,
> given current license and open gov. I cannot not wonder what more
> legal like thing needed….

Nokians have different contribution agreement for Qt. Our work is property/copyright of Nokia.

>> Are people fixing up resume/cv's and looking for new digs? You betcha.
>>
> Let's hope something good happens, although 'not immediately' does sound grim..

I would be lying if I would say it's not grim. But Qt as an open source project is not in question. Heck, there's people still making bug fixes to what was the Qtopia code base (qtmoko)

> I'm Qting away as I'm writing this, admiring what project provides me
> with and how many parts are there to materialize  great ideas. Cross
> platformness is key for the future, and I'm sure many recognize this
> in Qt.
>
> -Sivan

Lorn Potter
Senior Software Engineer, Core Enablers/QtSensors