[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

Nils Jeisecke jeisecke at saltation.de
Sat Jun 16 12:56:25 CEST 2012

I'm writing this email using a cell phone that is providing the most
fun I've ever had with any mobile device (that's me, the user) and the
best developer experience (that's me, the developer porting existing
code and building a great mobile UI).

You can actually buy it. its a real product. People love it.

To all you Qt Nokians: Thank you for all that's been achieved in the
last few years. Let's hope a reasonable solution will be found for
this most miserable situation. All the best to you.

Nils

--
Sent from my Nokia N9On 16.06.12 12:20 Linos wrote:
El 16/06/12 12:05, wargand at gmx.de escribió:

>> Let's wait for a proper official statement from Nokia about the
>> future of Qt.
>
> Haha, no, definitely not. Official statements from Nokia have exactly
> the same value as the braindead ramblings of a clairvoyant on LSD.
>
> Guido

So your constructive plan is...? Other than try to hurt the credibility of Nokia
and his employees i mean.

I hope the better for Qt developers, we don't know still the official plans of
Nokia for Qt, but if Nokia announce that his roadmap don't include Qt anymore i
wish that Qt and his developers get transfered to a new company interested on
the development of Qt (Intel, Samsung, RIM, etc..), Qt it is indeed a very good
technology that can be of interest for many companies and his developers are
top-notch so i would like they could keep working on Qt.

Regards,
Miguel Angel.