[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

sirspudd at gmail.com sirspudd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 18:50:14 CEST 2012

Or rather: speculate into your beer where such speculation belongs, not on a list where people might surmise insight or insider information where simple tribal folly reigns. Name calling gets one very little mileage.

I love Qt; my condolences to the teams in Ulm and the other Nokia offices immediately affected by these announcements.

About this thread to date: It seems very hard to impress upon the Trolls that feeding the trolls is like feeding pigeons; bad for surrounding structures and the town square.On 6/16/12 22:44 Thiago Macieira wrote:
On sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 03.45.16, d3fault wrote:
> Lars, since you're here; I don't want to put you on the spot but am going
> to anyways. I predict a Microsoft buyout before the complete closure of the
> Qt/Linux teams (or are they already closed? what is that Eero Penttinen
> talking about?) or even the selling off of Qt to somebody else (MS won't
> "allow" that imo).

Let me emphasise once again what Quim, Lars and Lorn have said. And let me add
that I do not work for Nokia:

STOP SPECULATING.

They don't know what's happening yet. Let them figure that out first. Let them
see what will happen to the team and the assets. Let others try to *help* them
(as I am trying to).

This discussion is pointless. Your questions are pointless at this point in
time. There's really NO POINT in discussing the worst case scenario until
other options have been exhausted.

And specifically to you, d3fault:

Last time you were out of line, I took the conversation to private emails and
I tried to reason with you. You did not get it. So this time it goes in
public:

You're WAY out of line. You've burned yourself in the development mailing list
and are more than half way there in the general interest mailing list. You're
not helping, neither Qt nor your own cause.

Please hold your horses and direct your enthousiasm to more concrete and
constructive activities. If you don't, I'll be forced to talk to the list
moderator.