[Interest] Is Nokia officially done with Qt?

d3fault d3faultdotxbe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 21:52:01 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com>wrote:

> On sábado, 16 de junho de 2012 03.45.16, d3fault wrote:
> > Lars, since you're here; I don't want to put you on the spot but am going
> > to anyways. I predict a Microsoft buyout before the complete closure of
> the
> > Qt/Linux teams (or are they already closed? what is that Eero Penttinen
> > talking about?) or even the selling off of Qt to somebody else (MS won't
> > "allow" that imo).
>
> Let me emphasise once again what Quim, Lars and Lorn have said. And let me
> add
> that I do not work for Nokia:
>
> STOP SPECULATING.
>
> They don't know what's happening yet. Let them figure that out first. Let
> them
> see what will happen to the team and the assets. Let others try to *help*
> them
> (as I am trying to).
>
> This discussion is pointless. Your questions are pointless at this point in
> time. There's really NO POINT in discussing the worst case scenario until
> other options have been exhausted.

Pointless?
Why did they set up the BSD Clause in the first place if discussing the
worst case scenario is pointless?

Other options have been...... "exhausted" ?
You want to wait until we've been handed multiple PR-approved articles that
are pages in length and say little more than nothing? Only after that can
we hold this discussion?

> And specifically to you, d3fault:
>
> Last time you were out of line, I took the conversation to private emails
> and
> I tried to reason with you. You did not get it. So this time it goes in
> public:
>
> You're WAY out of line. You've burned yourself in the development mailing
> list
> and are more than half way there in the general interest mailing list.
> You're
> not helping, neither Qt nor your own cause.
>
> Please hold your horses and direct your enthousiasm to more concrete and
> constructive activities. If you don't, I'll be forced to talk to the list
> moderator.

ITT:
-Discussions on what to do next (it's hardly 'speculation' that Nokia's
going under/being bought out. the only thing to speculate on is WHEN)
-Crying
-Internet police

Talk to a moderator, see if I give a frack (what does that even mean? are
you going to pretend that alias' aren't dirt cheap and proxies don't exist?)

Sorry for a second I thought this was the internet, not group therapy

Thiago: didn't you say you weren't going to talk to me until I publicly
apologized (*cough*Internet Police*cough*)? I believe that makes you a liar
:-P.

d3fault

p.s. Lars didn't respond <3