[Interest] [OT] Re: how to develop the HTML5 application(web application) by using Qt?

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 15:51:16 CEST 2012

It is a very interesting project. I have fiddled with it. Someone suggested that the fork of Qt be called Cutie, or something like that, but that's what I called my efforts to unify Qt and Wt. I ended up creating a  version of UIC that would take a UI and put out a Wt-classed and #included version of Qt screens, so that you essentially had a form builder. The goal was to have one code base, with minor changes depending if you wanted local (Qt) or web (Wt). I got pretty far with it, but eventually because Wt uses boost, I was not able to keep things uniform enough for it to be advantageous.

My current effort is now, once Qt5 is released to implement a HTML5 canvas interface using QPA. I already have a a traditional QPainter interface working. That's Vaudeville. I named it that because the GNOME effort is called Broadway. I downloaded braoadway the other day and I'm going to see how closely I can keep Vaudeville to Broadway. One significant change is I want to avoid the use of SPDY.