[Interest] MySQL question using QT

Sujan Dasmahapatra sdh at lmwindpower.com
Wed Jun 20 16:06:52 CEST 2012

It's slightly off-the-topic question I apologize for that. I am facing
problem in connecting to mysql server from remote client. I am using
this connection in my QT application. But even if I try to connect from
outside QT I am failing.

Pls check this snippet

//in the /etc/my.cnf file I have added this line which is in the server
where mysql is installed. @172.16.246.129

bind-address   = 10.149.20.120

//then restarting mysql like this

/etc/init.d/mysql  restart

//then trying to connect from 10.149.20.120 like this

mysql -u root -h 172.16.246.129 -p

//entering the password and it gives error as below

ERROR 1130 (00000): Host '172.16.246.1' is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server

Can anyone help what's going wrong in this ?  Any help would be highly
appreciated. Thanks Sujan