[Interest] Broken debugging after installing Creator 2.5

Alex Strickland sscc at mweb.co.za
Thu Jun 21 21:53:06 CEST 2012

On 2012/06/21 08:39 PM, Till Oliver Knoll wrote:

> With gcc/gdb you have the option to (re-)create debug info for a given Qt installation (I think it has more to do with the debugger getting to know about Qt data structures such as QString). I think in the panel where you manage your available Qt installations.
>
> Maybe such an option exists also for the MSVC debugger?

Hmm, couldn't see anything. But, I looked at the debug output and it had
"process crashed, cdb crashed". So I tried it from the command line and
it turns out I was missing a required DLL (you would think the debugger
would be a bit more verbose about that). The missing DLL was not
completely my stupidity as 2.5 seems to have changed the build
directory, and recreated everything (except the DLL).

Thanks and
--
Regards
Alex