[Interest] Semi-OT: What could / should Elop / Nokia have done differently?

Tr3wory tr3w at freemail.hu
Fri Jun 22 12:30:39 CEST 2012

> What -- in the face of the very real challenges Nokia faced -- would you have done?
As I heard the Nokia as a company has a really bad inner structure
with lots of duplications and fighting departments.
So first: I would streamline it. Drop Symbian, put all resources to Qt
and MeeGo.
We know N9 is almost good enough. What could it be if it has all the
support what went to the Symbian development?!

> And a follow-up question:  Let's say you are appointed to replace Elop now.  What -- given whatever
> water is already under the bridge, and in the face of the very real challenges Nokia faces now -- would you do now?
Port Qt to WP8. It's technically possible, and even if MS doesn't want
Qt in its app store, it can be used in the Ovi.
And it can be the little difference what makes the Nokia phones unique
and better than the rest of the WP world.

tr3w